John Sedgwick Junior High Dress Code
John Sedgwick Junior High School does not have a strict code of dress. However, students are asked to wear clothes that are neat, clean, and suitable for school. Clothing which interferes with or distracts from the educational process or depicts something illegal is not acceptable. This includes the following:
1. Extremely tight or excessively offensive form-fitted clothing.
2. Excessively short or revealing clothing to include bare midriffs or
low-cut tops, spaghetti straps, or strapless tops.
3. Pajama bottoms
4. Sagging or extremely baggy clothing which may allow the underwear to be exposed.
5. Clothing, backpacks, jewelry, or insignia with drug/alcohol/sexual/vulgar/weapons pictures or messages.
6. Any garment/footwear (including slippers and rubber flip-flops) which could be considered unsafe.
7. Students may not wear hats, hoods, or scarves in the building.
8. Chains (wallet type) of any kind or size.
9. Spike dog collar type neck wear and bracelets.
Make Your Day points may not be earned and in some cases, parents may be contacted by letter or phone call. Also, students may be sent home and allowed to return when the dress is acceptable. Refusal to comply may result in suspension.