Physical Education and Health
Physical Education Core Values
1. Provide a positive, encouraging, and safe learning environment for all students and staff.
2. Expose students to a variety of meaningful and engaging fitness activities.
3. Use authentic assessments involving students in goal setting and assisting them in preparing life- long fitness plans.
4. Collaborate to align curriculum with state standards to ensure a progression in scope and sequence.
5. Educate students about the relationship between exercise and nutrition and how it affects body composition.
6. Provide exemplary facilities and equipment.
7. Employ certificated physical education teachers.
8. Communicate the importance of physical education with students, parents, staff, and community.