Marcus Whitman Junior High Dress Code
To ensure that student dress and grooming does not interfere with the learning environment at Marcus Whitman Junior High School, we appreciate your support in helping us by following the dress code below:
1. Sagging or oversized pants. Students must have the waistband of the pants above the hips and secured with a belt of some form around their waist.
2. Pajamas, soft soled slippers, or excessively torn and ripped clothing.
3. Tank tops.
4. Crop tops, or other midriff shirts that show, on males or females, torso skin, skin below armpits, or exposed chest.
5. Shirts with inappropriate messages will not be allowed. Clothing promoting alcohol, tobacco and other drugs or comments of a sexual nature will not be allowed.
7. Hats, hoods or head coverings.
8. Sunglasses or eye coverings, other than those prescribed for vision needs.
9. Chains, collars (leather, chain or metal), including jewelry that promote drugs, alcohol or sex.
10. Attire clearly identifiable with gang activity will not be allowed.
DRESS CODE VIOLATIONS:
1st offense will result in a referral/warning
2nd offense will result in a referral and consequence
3rd offense and beyond will result in additional referrals with progressive consequences