It is with pleasure that we welcome you to the South Kitsap School District where we deliver quality instruction within a safe, caring, student-centered learning environment. The successes we enjoy are due to our teachers and staff that connect with our children and instill a love of learning that will last a lifetime.
How to Apply: Complete the online application and apply to the position(s) to which you are qualified within your online application.
Submitting and completing your online application ensures immediate availability of your data to our hiring administrators. Be sure to download, complete and turn in the required documents needed to complete your online application (please see below for the applicable application).
Principals and hiring administrators consider only those applicants with complete applications. Positions close at 4:00 p.m. on the final day of posting. Your online application, all supporting documents and required District Testing (if applicable-see job posting) must be submitted by the closing date for an applicant to be considered for a position.
Please make sure to keep all documents in your online application current and up to date (within the last year) including references.
Review the requirements below for the specific application you are using.
To have a complete application, the following items must be received in order for your application to be considered complete:
Certificated Applicants (and Guest Teacher Applicants)
1. Online Application (click here)
2. SKSD Applicant Disclosure Form (Federal/State Criminal History Background Check Form)
3. SKSD Confidential Reference Forms (choose a or b only) SKSD forms only will be accepted
B. 2 Certificated Administrative Confidential Reference Forms
4. Copy of WEST-E/PRAXIS Content Knowledge Test for those certified on/after Sept. 1, 2005 or proof of Highly Qualified status from current and/or former district (may upload within online application)
5. Three letters of recommendation (may upload within online application)
6. Transcripts (may upload within online application)
7. Copy of WA State Teaching Certificate/Permit (may upload within online application)
8. Resume (may upload within online application)
|9. Cover Letter|
For Emergency Guest Teachers only download and complete the Emergency Substitute Certificate Application.
To begin your online application click here.
In-District CERTIFICATED personnel may submit a Transfer Request Form to Human Resources to be considered for an open position.
You may submit the required documents by e-mail: email@example.com; fax: (360) 874-7076; or mail:
South Kitsap School District
2689 Hoover Ave SE
Port Orchard WA 98366
It is not necessary to complete a new application for each position. Once your online application is complete, you will be issued a login ID and password. To be considered for a specific position follow these steps:
- Login to your online application, select 'Position Search'; select 'Search'
- Click on 'View Position Details';
- Review the posting for required District Testing, endorsements, or additional application material needed to complete your application.
- Return to the top of the page and click on the 'Apply to this Position' button.
The South Kitsap School District #402 complies with all state and federal rules and regulations and does not discriminate in any employment, programs, or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of trained dog guides or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination:
South Kitsap School District will also take steps to assure that national origin persons who lack English language skills can participate in all education programs, services, and activities. For information regarding translational bilingual education programs, contact Special Programs at (360) 874-7060.
All Employees are required to furnish proof of identity and employment authorization status.
The South Kitsap School District is committed to providing a drug-free, tobacco-free environment for all persons-students, community and staff.
Any offer of employment with the South Kitsap School District is on a conditional basis pending the successful completion of an FBI and Washington State Patrol fingerprint background check.
Nurturing growth, Inspiring achievement, Building community.
[return to top]