1st Trimester Project
Total Points: 200 pts. Each day late = ½ letter grade (A = A-)
Due Date: The project or paper is due the of (depending on which class you are in) at the start of class. There will be some extra time allowed to work on this project in class.
Project Data: This is a macrocycle weightlifting project. You will hand in a full year (macrocycle plan) for a recreational sport. This will include the following:
1) Full flexibility plan for a person to follow.
2) A general and sport specific warm-up plan for a person to follow.
3) A general and sport specific cool-down plan for a person to follow.
4) Mesocycle that should be no longer than 3 months in length. This should be broken down into the four seasons. This is to include a microcycle of no more than 15 weeks in length. These dates are not super strict and can be adjusted depending on what sport, time of year, etc.
5) The strength activity needs to include: lifts to complete, % of max (which is the weight they will lift), number of repetitions, and number of sets. (It should be written as such: 90% max, 5X10) There should be at least 3 days/week of this and they shouldn’t work on a given part 2 days in a row.
6) The conditioning activity should be an activity to elevate and sustain the heart rate for at least 20 minutes. This should be general or sport specific depending on the season. There should be at least 2 days/week of this and they should not be getting bored or have an overuse injury.
Presentation: All people will have to give a 5 minute presentation to the class, dressed appropriately, on the day the project is due. (Ties, dresses, etc.)
All projects will be graded on content (40%), presentation (15%), work put into the project, (spelling, grammar, etc. for papers) (25%), and appearance (20%).
Late Work: This will include weekends and holidays. To turn in a project out of school, call to arrange a pick up time.