Certificated New Employee Orientation
Complete the following documents prior to Employee Orientation:
1. SKSD Board Policies & Procedures Signature Sheet
2. Bloodborne Pathogen Review
3. Washington State Sexual Misconduct Disclosure Release Form
4. School Employee Duty to Report Suspected Child Abuse or Neglect Form
5. Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification (along with identification)
• Social Security Card (required for IRS and Social Security)
6. Form W-4
7. Payroll Direct Deposit Form (Required)
8. Fingerprinting required prior to starting work
9. Verification of Professional Employment
1. SKSD Board Policies & Procedures - Click on the following links and review the procedures:
2000 Instruction • 3000 Students • 4000 Community Relations • 5000 Personnel • 6000 Mgmt Support
After reviewing Policies & Procedures, print and sign the Signature Sheet verifying you have read the SKSD Policies & Procedures.
2. Bloodborne Pathogen Review. (print and complete)
Complete and sign the Bloodborne Pathogen Review. You may use the study guide for information. Bloodborne Pathogen Training Study Guide
3. Washington State Sexual Misconduct Disclosure Release Form. Complete one form for each school district employee worked in. If there is no prior experience within a school district, employee is still required to complete the form but check the box "No prior school district employment." Print, complete, and bring to orientation. We will send to respective school district to track progress.
4. School Employee Duty to Report Suspected Child Abuse or Neglect Form. Print, read and sign.
5. Form I-9. This form is required for all new employees by the US Department of Justice, Immigration and Naturalization Service to verify employment eligibility. Along with this form, bring required documentation. Complete Section 1 - Employee Information and Verification. (Your Social Security card will also be required for employment - per requirement of the Social Security Administration and the Internal Revenue Service.) Form I-9 Directions
8. SKSD Fingerprint Procedure. All employment with South Kitsap School District is on a conditional basis pending completion of a Washington State Patrol and Federal Bureau of Investigation fingerprint background check as required by RCW 28A.400.303. (NOTE: All associated background check fees are the employee's responsibility.) The fingerprint scan must be completed prior to the first day of work, and is by appointment only.
9. Verification of Professional Employment Form. This form is for experience that is earned outside of the South Kitsap School District to be considered for salary placement. Previous employers must complete and submit a Verification of Professional Employment form and send to Personnel Services. This form is also used to transfer sick leave hours within Washington State school districts.
• CERTIFICATED Verification of Professional Employment (2-page document)
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENT: Code of Professional Conduct (State of Washington)
Click here to read the Staff Orientation book. This manual is for all staff so there will be references to certificated and classified staff.
Affirmative Action Policy
The intent of the Affirmative Action Plan is to reaffirm
Nurturing growth • Inspiring achievement • Building community