* I can use self-monitoring strategies (such as re-read, look at pictures, think of a word that makes sense) when I read.
* I can read with expression (target: 90-100 words per minute).
* I can talk about the character, setting, and plot of a story.
* I can compare and contrast ideas in fiction and nonfiction text.
* I can identify nonfiction features (like labels, captions, and maps) and explain how they help me understand what I read.
* I can make sure my handwriting is easy to read by how my letters are formed, and by the size and spacing of my words.
* I can find and fix mistakes, like capitals, periods, and spelling.
* I can pick a topic to focus on and add supporting detail.
* I can organize my writing into paragraphs in an order that makes sense with transitions.
* I can identify the ones, tens, and hundreds place.
* I can recall my addition and subtraction facts (up to 10 + 10 and 20 - 10).
* I can add and subtract two digit numbers accurately and efficiently.
* I can tell time to the minute.
* I can determine the value of a collection of coins.
* I can collect, organize, represent, and interpret data in bar graphs and picture graphs.
* I can select from a variety of problem-solving strategies and use one or more strategies to solve a problem.